Tarantulas is an Android app that can help you organize your tarantula collection.
Keep track of your pets' molt dates, feeding schedules and a lot more!
– Add description/information about your tarantula pet
– List feeding history, days hungry and feeders used
– Shows molt history with option to add days hungry before the molt and days between the last molt dates, may help predict/estimate when the next molt will be
– Shows a popup notification/reminder of Ts that needs to be fed
– T image gallery, can be used to look back on the progress of your Ts' growth
HOW–TO: add, edit or delete species:
• From 'My Tarantulas' List, click menu and choose 'more' then choose 'Update Species List.
– To add species, click the '+' icon at the top right.
– To edit/delete existing, click on the species entry and choose an option from the popup box.
• From Add/Edit Tarantula info.
– To add species, click menu and choose 'Add Species'.
– To edit existing, select the genus and species then long click the country field.
This software is provided to you free of charge, I'm sharing this to help make it easier for fellow hobbyists keep records of their beloved eight–legged pets.
If you find issues, please send me an email, I cannot solve your problem by leaving unfriendly comments, tell me the issue and I'll do my best to solve it.
Please leave a comment and if you like this app, please do share to other hobbyists!
If you find bugs or have suggestions to improve the app, or if you have a feature you think would help, please send me an email and I'll see what can be done.
Tarantulas app is displaying advertisements inside the app.
An option to remove the ads temporarily for two weeks has been provided to users.
Users can access this option by going into the app's Settings page.
1. How can I change my tarantula's picture as it is currently displaying the default Tarantulas logo?
First, open your tarantula's info page. Click on the default logo and choose 'Change'. You can then choose a picture from your gallery or take a new picture using your favorite camera app.
2. I hope to be able to see previous pictures of my tarantula. How can I do it?
There are two ways to view your tarantula(s)' pictures.
One is from your tarantula list. Click on the menu icon and choose 'All Pictures'.
Two, from your tarantula's info page, click on the picture and choose 'View Gallery'.
3. I want to delete old pictures of my tarantula(s). How can I do it?
When you're in the picture gallery, long click on a picture and choose 'Delete'.
Or you can enable the multi-select option, choose the picture(s) you want to delete, click menu then choose 'Delete'
4. I have a tarantula that is not listed in the species list. How can I add it?
There are two ways to add a missing species.
One, from your tarantula list, click on the menu icon and choose 'More', then choose 'Update Species List'. Click on the '+' icon on top to add the missing species.
Two, from the tarantula's add/info page, click menu and choose 'Add Species'.
5. I have a tarantula species that has been moved/renamed. How can I update it?
There are two ways to update a tarantula's species.
One, from your tarantula list, click on the menu and choose 'More', then choose 'Update Species List'. Click on the species to be updated and choose update.
Two, from your tarantula's info page, long click the 'Country' field for the update species option.
6. I received multiple slings of the same species. Is there a way to copy the first information that I entered so I don't have to add them one by one?
To do this, go to your tarantula's info page, make sure to save the data first if you've made some changes, then click menu and choose 'Duplicate T info'.
7. I forgot to add feeding date(s). How can I update my feeding history?
Use the feed function multiple times, depending on the number of feedings missed then edit the dates.
To update the dates, go to your tarantula's info page, click menu and choose 'Feed History', choose a date from the list then update as needed.
8. I want to be able to record the feeder I used when I fed my tarantula. How can I do this?
You must first enable 'Prompt for feeder on feeding' under 'GENERAL SETTINGS' from the Settings page, now everytime you feed your tarantula(s), you'll be prompted to add the feeder.
Follow #7 faq if you want to update the feeder(s) for the previous feeding date(s).
9. I accidentally long clicked on feed tarantula. How can I change the feeding date back?
To do this, go to your tarantula's info page, click menu and choose 'Feed History', click on the date you want to delete from the list and choose 'Delete'.
10. How can I receive a notification when I have tarantulas to feed?
Go to your tarantula's info page, click menu and choose 'Feeding Options', select an option then fill-out the appropriate fields:
'every N days' - Enter the number of days between feedings.
'every Nth day(s) of the month' - Choose the day(s) of the month you want to be notified.
'every Nth day of the week' - Choose the day(s) of the week (Mon, Tue, Wed...) and the week number of the month (1st week, 2nd week...) you want to be notified.
For 'every Nth day(s) of the month' and 'every Nth day of the week', fill-out the 'Don't notify if last fed is within X day(s)' so you wont be prompted if you chose to feed earlier than scheduled.
Sample: Feeding every 7th of the month, you fed on the 6th, you may get notified for feeding the next day if you didn't set the 'Don't notify...' accordingly.
11. My tarantula is in pre-molt and I don't want to receive feeding notification.
To not receive feeding notification when your tarantula is in pre-molt, open its info page and mark the 'Pre-molt' checkbox. You will no longer be notified to feed this tarantula. It will automatically be unmarked when you add a molt date.
12. I sent my mature male for a breeding loan but I still get feeding notification.
Go to your tarantula's info page, click on your tarantula's status and choose 'On Breeding Load'. You will not be notified for feeding but make sure to change it to 'Owned' when you recieve him back.
13. What is this 'Molt message' for?
This can be used to note what you plan to do for your tarantula the next time it molts. If you've set a one, you will see a message when you add a new molt date.
I use this to get a reminder like, 'change feeding schedule to X days' etc. ;)
14. I want to record the size per molt of my tarantula. Where can I add it?
I usually add the current size (in inches) after each molt date.
01-14-2014 <Days Prev: 27> <Days Hungry: 9> ~1
02-13-2014 <Days Prev: 30> <Days Hungry: 13> ~1.5
03-09-2014 <Days Prev: 24> <Days Hungry: 10> ~2.25
04-01-2014 <Days Prev: 23> <Days Hungry: 7> ~3
Note: Date, days prev (days from last molt) and days hungry are automatically added when adding a new molt date.
15. I have two (or more) devices. How can I transfer my data to the other devices?
Please use the 'Backup & Restore' function.
Backup your data first, from your tarantula list, click menu and choose 'Backup & Restore' then 'Backup data to Phone Storage'. Data will be save to your device's phone storage (usually in /sdcard/mytarantulas/db/YYYYMMDD, where YYYY - Year, MM - Month and DD - Day).
Move the backup folder to the other device, run the Tarantulas app, click menu and choose 'Backup & Restore' then 'Restore data from Phone Storage'.
Navigate to where you placed the backup folder and click the folder name to get a restore prompt message.
16. I don't have the Dropbox options in 'Backup & Restore' menu. How can I enable it?
Starting at version 2.05.70, you should be able to do a backup and/or restore via Dropbox. First, go to the settings page and scroll down, you should see 'DROPBOX' with a button 'Click to link with your Dropbox account.'
If you currently do not have a dropbox account, you can sign-up for a new account via the button below it (and help me get additional space in the process) or by visiting the Dropbox's home page at www.dropbox.com.
17. What are these shiny little stars on my tarantula's picture?
Starting from version 2.07.23, the app will display these 'stars' when you add a new molt to indicate a freshly molted tarantula. It will disappear when 'Feed N days after molt' is met.
18. I have followed FAQ #10 but I still don't get notifications. Please help.
Tarantulas app need to run in the background. Some devices has a built-in task killer or user installed 3rd party app manager and/or memory optimizer, which kills apps in the background.
To fix the problem, please go through the built-in app or 3rd party app's settings and add Tarantulas app to the whitelist.
19. Tarantulas is not working! All I see is black screen with buttons that are not functional.
On your device, open the main Settings app.
Tap Apps or Application Manager (depending on your device, this may look different).
Choose the Tarantulas app.
Please make sure that the toggle button for Storage is checked.
20. Auto-QUICK backup to Dropbox fails.
Please try to re-link with your dropbox account.
To unlink, go to Tarantulas' settings page. Navigate and click the button where it says 'Linked with <YourDropBoxEmailAddress>, click to unlink'.
You can then link the app to your DropBox account again.
21. Can I add my other inverts?
Yes, you can add your other invertebrates. The app provides options to add and update species; use these options to add your other pets. Please see FAQs #4 and #5.
P3kb built the Tarantulas app as an Ad Supported app. This SERVICE is provided by at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding my policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use my Service.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience, while using our Service, I may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information. The information that I request is retained on your device and is not collected by me in any way
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
• Google Play Services
I want to inform you that whenever you use my Service, in a case of an error in the app I collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol ("IP") address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing my Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your device internal memory.
This Service does not use these "cookies" explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use "cookies" to collection information and to improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
I may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate our Service;
• To provide the Service on our behalf;
• To perform Service-related services; or
• To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
I want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
I value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case I discover that a child under 13 has provided me with personal information, I immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact me so that I will be able to do necessary actions.